Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Shake it like a Polaroid picture!

While everyone and their mom has heard the original version of this song, I doubt everyone has heard it like this. Mat Weddle of the little known Arizona band "Obadiah Parker" did a fabulous cover of "Hey Ya!" which was originally done by Andre 3000 of Outkast.

Take a look at this great performance of "Hey Ya!" by Mat Weddle!



WOW! There is just something about the peaceful acoustic guitar that just gets to me! When the Andre 3000 version of this song came out I knew every word by heart but I never really comprehended it. To be honest, after listening to this version a gazillion times, I realized it's kind of a sad song. Still, it makes me happy. I don't know why but it does, and I always find myself throwing in the "All you Beyonces and Lucy Lu's..." part LOL.

I searched everywhere trying to download this song and the only place I could find it was on iTunes. I bought the whole "Obadiah Parker Live" CD just for this song! Yes I know that I could have purchased the song individually, but I love it so much I just had to support the band.
Coincidentally, the entire CD is quite enjoyable. The CD version of "Hey Ya!" has a bit more instrumentally, as well as some back up singers, and of course its recorded in a studio so it's crystal clear.

Obviously the Mat Weddle version isn't as poppy, and you can't really dance to it, so, for those of you who like to shake your money makers...



And I will admit this version is much funnier to watch. I love the backup singers! LOL I'm dancing in my chair as I listen to it. *Shakes it like a Polaroid picture*

Check out more info about Obadiah Parker here!

No comments:

Post a Comment