Sunday, March 21, 2010

Who you callin' white trash?

Well you can call me anything you want if you make me some of these!  I don't know who came up with these but I do know that whenever I make them I become more popular then I've ever been.  I'd like to think that these make my personality shine but it's more likely the chocolate that keeps them coming back.  If you've never made these or never eaten them then DO IT!  They are fan-freaking-tastic!

White Trash Truffles 
  • 1 package of Oreo cookies
  • 1 package of cream cheese
  • 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
In a heavy duty ziploc bag, crush Oreo cookies until there are no chunks left. A rolling pin is helpful for this, just be careful that the ziploc bag doesn't tear. If you're fancy and have a food processor I highly recommend using it to crush these, makes things much easier.
Add cream cheese to the Oreo mixture and seal the bag. Mix the ingredients together until fully incorporated.This will give you a VERY sticky dough.
Use a cookie dough scoop to scoop mixture and use hands to roll into truffle-sized balls. Place onto foil lined cookie sheets. Chill for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips in a small saucepan on the lowest heat. stirring often.  I recommend using a double boiler or making one. Remove truffles from the fridge and drop two at a time into the melted chocolate. When coated, carefully remove from pan and set on foil lined cookie sheet. Chill until chocolate has hardened.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen truffles.

Personally I think they are the best once their chilled and served cold.  When they are served at room temp they are a bit sticky .

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment