Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Wise Man

A wise man once said...

"You know what I do when I'm feeling sad? I stop feeling sad and feel awesome instead."

Okay, so that wise man may be a fictional character (Barney Stinson - How I Met Your Mother) but you have to admit that it’s a good rule to live by.

I’ve spent much of my life being sad and depressed and it basically sucks. I decided recently that I am going to stop feeling sad and just feel awesome instead. Now this isn’t to say I’ll never feel sad again, because, unfortunately, sadness is unavoidable sometimes but the goal of this blog is to give myself something to feel good about. Hopefully it will give others something to smile about as well.

Each day I am going to blog about something different. Something happy and positive. It may be as simple as a silly image I’ve found online, maybe a book or movie I’ve come across, maybe even a new spectacular recipe no one should live without. The goal is to do it every day without fail no matter how small or insignificant it may be. As long as I’ve made a post that conveys something positive then I’ll be good.

As so many people have said before me, today is the first day of the rest of my life. Here goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment